How to purchase ink cartridges more cheaply
This article explains a simple way of buying genuine replacement ink cartridges at your local Officeworks at a significant discount (30% or more) off of their normal prices.
Officeworks currently have a “lowest price guarantee” where they will not only match a competitor’s price, but beat it by 5%. For competing online stores the cost of delivery must be added to calculate the competitor’s total price.
Here’s how to take advantage of this offer:
2. Enter either your printer type or cartridge type in the the appropriate search box at the top of the screen to find the item you wish to buy.
As an example, the black cartridge used in my HP A910g printer is an HP 940XL black. (These normally cost $52.98 each at Officeworks).
3. Enter the quantity that you wish to buy in the “Order Qty” column next to the appropriate item and then click on “Add to cart”.
Note 1: Be careful to choose the “Genuine” replacement cartridge rather than a “Remanufactured” one – look for the word (Genuine) in the product description
Note 2: It usually makes sense to purchase enough cartridges in order to better offset or reduce the postage cost – in the case of aucartidge.com.au the postage is zero when the order total is greater than $50!
4. In the “Shopping Cart” area of the screen, click on the “Show Cart” button showing your total order. Print this page out (Tip: press the “Ctrl” and “P” keys together!)
5. Now you just need to print out the information about the shipping costs: Click on the “Shipping” tab close to the top of the screen. Print out this page too. Note that for AuCartridge.com.au the shipping costs are zero for orders larger than $50
6. Take the two printouts to Officeworks and then shop for the same items (and same quantity) that you looked at online. Take the items to the checkout, together with your printouts and tell the cashier that you would like to take advantage of their lowest price guarantee. Point out that the delivery costs of aucartidges would be zero for these items as they total over $50.
7. If all went to plan, you will be able to purchase the cartridges at your local Officeworks at a price 5% lower than the competitor’s (aucartridge’s) online price :). For example, my HP940XL cartridges cost $37.83 each at aucartridge.com.au so would cost $75.66 from them with free shipping. Officeworks offer to beat this by 5% = $3.78 less, which gives $71.88 or $35.94 each. This is a saving of $17.04 each or a price reduction of 32% off Officeworks’ normal price!
I hope that with this article, I may have helped you to reduce your ongoing printing costs.